Wednesday, February 28, 2007

2004 Madera (CA) Fair entries

Ah, I've been neglecting this blogette and only posting on the main blog. Sorry about that - I'll put up some more photos of fiber and stuff for you. :)

This is a 2ply Merino/silk blend I got from the Bulky Club at . I have gotten many of the "spinner's samplers" with the 4oz of various fibers. This skein won 1st place at the 2004 Madera Fair.

This is a skein of 2 ply Wensleydale from Ashland Bay. It is wonderful - heavy and glossy and just glows in the light. It took 2nd place in the wool class at the 2004 Madera Fair.


This is the Fiber Trends Crusher hat pattern crocheted in 2 strands of Red Heart Plush - 2 colors of green. These are quick to do and I made several in different colors. I designed this set, too. Knit in Kroy 4ply Paintbox, I took the stitch pattern from an old Cast On magazine and adapted it to socks and hat. They won 2nd place in the Knit Division. Actually, it's not such a large fair - I was the entire crochet and knit div. <>



This is one of my "fluffy scarves," woven on the rigid heddle loom using worsted wt acrylic for warp and Lion Brand Homespun for weft. RH Light & Lofty also makes a good weft for these scarves. I took 20 of these with me to NZ and AU to give as hostess gifts.



And here are my pride and joy Best in Show socks!! I made up this pattern (based on the "see saw socks" online) and knit the socks with Online Linie 6ply sock yarn. Imagine my surprise when I found these on the BiS table. Woo-hoo!!

No comments: