Wednesday, February 28, 2007

2000 Fresno Fair

This felted hat and glove set (FiberTrends patterns) started out as gift for a guy I was seeing who lives in Scotland where it snows in the winter. For some reason I didn't send them to him, but entered them in the fair. I don't have a photo with their ribbon, but they did win 1st place.

This was the first time I'd entered the fair in quite some time - I used to always enter back in the 80s when I was doing x-stitch and tatting and crochet. Entries are due in September for the Fair that runs in October. I started spinning that Feb and this skein was my first fair entry in some time. It's a 2ply coopworth that I bought as raw fleece. I washed, flicked, drum carded and spun up about 10 oz of this yarn. I only bought a lb of wool. Or maybe I bought 2 and split it with my spinning pal Juli. Anyway, this yarn won 1st place that year. What an encouraging start to my spinning "career."

No comments: